I must thank Julie of Moments of Perfect Clarity for this idea. She listed 10 things for which she is thankful on her Friday blog and I'm hoping she'll forgive me for copying her idea.
I'm thankful for
- Being alive and moderately healthy. Tomorrow is my 70th birthday. I have much to be thankful for, including Curves and Zumba, both of which have been toning this body until I don't feel 70. Even though I've exercised hard five days this week, I'm thinking of going to Zumba class tomorrow just to say I did it on my 70th birthday.
- My loving and supportive husband and children. They just say "go for it" instead of trying to talk me out of things.
- The blogging community. I love you all. I love to blog and I love to talk and it's all compatible, isn't it?
- Living in Southern California. We've moved away many times and we always came back "home." Neither of us was born here (my youngest daughter was) but this is the spot that truly feels like home.
- My flowers and my husband's vegetable garden. These things are good for both body and soul. I'm grateful to have them.
- Square dancing. We learned to dance late in our lives and now it's an important part of it.
- The fact that I worked at many jobs. More than family, house, and such. It made me feel like I had an important place in the world. It's more than bringing home money (my husband does a good job of that), it's about the world respecting you and what you do.
- That I don't work any more. I miss it, but I do a lot of things now that I didn't have time for before.
- Love of art. My kids grew up visiting San Diego's many museums. I think (I hope) that is one of their grounding experiences. Art is so important to everyone.
- Love of music. It's always been a part of my life and it's something that will probably carry through the rest of my life.
Have a good weekend.