Thursday, February 17, 2011

A new day

I was a little down in my last post. I want you all to know I weathered it and am now fine. Part of the reason I'm fine is that after doing an echogram of my heart, my cardiologist says my heart is a little better than it was a year ago. That's good news.

I contribute the improvement to regularly exercising at Curves and keeping my diabetes in check. You know now what I go through, but I have to be honest and tell you that all of that fuss hardly slows me down. Depression is common among diabetics and if you read my last post, you know why. Sometimes all of that seems overwhelming, particularly if you aren't feeling good.

So, having told you all I'm better, I'm leaving to walk the dog. It's a beautiful sunny day between yesterday's rain and tomorrow's rain. Gotta do it.

Marilynne

Later - That was a very brisk walk. An antsy 100-pound dog has a hard time walking slowly. We did it though!

M

5 comments:

  1. It is good to hear that you are feeling better. Sometimes you just need to vent, share get it off your chest. I love reading your blogs, and I love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love you too. I'm very honest about what's happening on my blogs.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad to hear that you are doing better emotionally AND physically. I can imagine that having constant health issues would cause depression--it gets very tiresome to keep dealing with it, I'm sure. Hang in there. You are doing lots of good things to stay healthy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think that every once in a while it occurs to me that I'm pretty old and have diabetes and heart problems. I'm feeling pretty good, but these are serious issues.

    Thanks for caring.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello Writer Lady, nice to meet you, visiting from Jillsy's prompt;) Your rose is pretty and glad to hear you are feeling better.

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you.