Tuesday, September 16, 2014

Famous words to ponder.

I get posts from the Huffington Post with my email.  Today they're discussing The Most Highlighted Passages from Classical Books.  Here's the link.

As a writer I wonder how those wonderful classic inspiring words happen to fall in with all the who, where, why, and whats.  Definitely, it's a moment of inspiration that was put onto the paper (classical quotes usually were on paper, not digital).  I wonder how many times the author moved the words around, trying to show this nugget to its best advantage.  Maybe they thought great things like that all day long.  Maybe.  I tend to think of it as hard work and an understanding of human nature.

Read the quotes, then tell me what you think.

Marilynne

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you.