Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Day 2 without Facebook - I have a little more time.

Well, here it is after 7 PM and I've not gone onto Facebook, though I nearly did it when I saw a fine post I wanted to share.  I've created a new "Facebook" bookmark for things I'd like to share.  That will take care of that impulse, I think.

I got a lot done yesterday and I didn't hurry.

  • Went to Curves (yes, I'm still working out)
  • Mailed one of my watercolors to my daughter who asked for it.  (Kids get first dibs.)
  • Wrote the Day 1 blog
  • Did a quick visit to a few of my blog friends.  I hope they recover.  More than that, I hope they recognize me.
  • We're having a dry summer so I watered the tall trees.  They can usually get to the ground water, but I wanted to be sure they were OK.
  • Emailed my kids to tell them they wouldn't find me on Facebook.

My painted ponies sit in the window by the dining table.

    Now today:
  • I went without breakfast so I could go to the lab for an A1C.  That's a test for blood sugar that I go for every three or four months.
  • Had breakfast out to compensate.  It's my treat for the arm stick 8-(.
  • Took a nap.
  • Trimmed a rose bush that was threatening to grab people when they came to the front door.
  • Continued the slow watering of the trees
  • Cooked tacos for dinner.  I was just looking at the lovely row of Roy's tomatoes on the counter and saw tacos.  Truthfully this is the first time I've cooked in a long time.
  • I'll get this done today too.
The day seemed long to me.  I tried to alternate passive sitting with active moving.  When you're on the computer all day your sitter gets tired (and grows larger).  I've been playing a lot of games. I don't think the number of games or the time I spend on them has increased.

Tomorrow's a new day.  I think I can do this.

Marilynne

2 comments:

  1. I like your idea of sitting less and moving more! We have more than enough time for that in the winter.

    Sounds like you are surviving. Is this a 10-step program??? Hee! Hee!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't even have your snow/bad weather excuse in the winter Lin. In the summer, I'm under the AC when it's hot. Fortunately, our hot weather doesn't last too long.

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you.